Brief Description of Xtane
Xtane contains generic Exemestane as an active pharmaceutical element that is projected for the management of certain type of breast cancer particularly in the women who have to achieve the menopause. Xtane works by decreasing down the growth of cancer, which requires estrogen for the augmentation of cancer.
Mechanism of action of Xtane
Xtane falls under the class of Aromatase inhibitor. It is a kind of hormonal treatment. Xtane is useful in the management of breast cancer in those women who have already attained the menopause stage. Xtane with an active ingredient Exemestane lowers estrogen levels in postmenopausal women, which might help in decreasing growth of certain types of breast tumors that need estrogen to grow in the body. Xtane is used to treat breast cancer in postmenopausal women.
Xtane is contraindicated to be consumed under certain medical conditions:
- You are hypersensitive towards the active ingredient Exemestane
- You are a pregnant women and breast-feeding mother.
- You still having menstrual periods
- You suffering from medical conditions like liver or kidney disease, cardiac disorders and history of depression
Xtane impairs with the action of the drug if use along with the combination of certain drugs includes Rifampicin, Carbamazepine, Phenytoin, Ethinyl Estradiol, and Anastrozole.
Dosage Information of Xtane:
Xtane is available in the strength of 25mg. you are suggested to take only one pill of Xtane in a day. This drug must be taken after the meals. Never try to consume Xtane on an empty stomach. As Xtane is a prescription drug, so you have to consume this drug only after doctor permission. You are suggested to consume this drug on the same time each day.
Undesired effects of Xtane
Some side effects are likely to occur while using this medicine such as puffiness in hands, dumpiness of breath, chest pain, lack of feeling and headache.
Important points to be noticed while consuming Xtane:
- Limit the intake of liquor.
- Do not indulge in driving after taking this drug.
- Use of Xtane can decrease bone mineral density, so you must talk with your doctor before using this medication