Description of Ultracet
Ultracet is an oral medication which contains a combination of Tramadol and acetaminophen. This medicine belongs to the category of an opioid analgesic, which is used for the treatment of moderate to severe pain. This medicine functions by blocking the neurotransmitter of pain present at the site of injury. This leads to the alteration in the sensation of pain, hence the feeling of pain vanishes.
Dosage instruction of Ultracet
For the short-term management of acute pain, the prescribed dose of 2 tablets should be consumed after every 4 to 6 hours. As this medicine is available in tablet form so it should be administered along with sufficient amount of water. Never consume the overdose of this medication it may fatal for your life
Contraindications of Ultracet
- A person having a history of drug or alcohol addiction should avoid intake of this medicine.
- If you are suffering epileptic or seizure disorder, then you should not consume this medicine.
- Patients those who are suffering from renal and hepatic disorder.
- This medicine should not be consumed if you are hypersensitive towards generic Tramadol and Acetaminophen.
Drug interactions of Ultracet
Antidepressant medicines such as Citalopram, Desvenlafaxine, Duloxetine, Escitalopram, Fluoxetine
MAO inhibitor such as Isocarboxazid, Linezolid, Methylene blue injection
Side effects of Ultracet
vertigo, sleepiness, weakness, drained feeling, abdomen pain, constipation, loss of hunger, dry mouth, unclear vision, sensation nervous or anxious, restlessness Sweating, itching.
Important points to be kept in mind when you consume Ultracet
- Do not consume alcohol or any product containing alcohol along with this medicine to prevent the undesired effect of this medicine.
- Intake of Ultracet may impair your thinking and reaction, so you should not drive or do any work that requires complete alertness and quick response.
- Pregnant females should consume this medicine by consulting a doctor.
- This medicine should be consumed with extreme caution in case of geriatric and pediatric patients as they are more sensitive towards the effect of this medicine.