Brief description of Temodar-
Temodar is an effective and amazing medication used for the treatment various types of brain cancers that are also known as anaplastic astrocytoma and glioblastoma multiforme. Temodar is also used for the treatment of certain types of bone cancer.
Working of Temodar-
Temodar is an awesome medication used for the treatment of various types of brain tumors. The main active compound of Temodar is Temozolomide. Generic Temozolomide belongs to the class of medications known as Alkylating agents. The main mode of action of generic Temozolomide is to impede the expansion and growth of cancer cells. Generic Temozolomide is also helpful to inhibit the growth and spreading of cancer in the body.
Conflicting effects of Temodar-
- Ø If you are hypersensitivity to generic Temozolomide, you should not take the dose of Temodar without an earlier consultation of the physician and you can ask your physician for the substitute medication.
- Ø Under certain health issues, you should not take the dose of Temodar such health issues are heart disease, liver disease, or kidney disease, diabetes, and clotting disorders.
Drug interactions of Temodar-
You are not allowed taking Temodar along with some other drugs as these drugs may some unwanted effects if taken along with it like some herbal or non-herbal preparations, some over the counter (OTC) drugs, and some other medicinal products.
Dosage regimen of Temodar-
The dose of Temodar depends on the neutrophil count and platelet count. The dose of Temodar also depends on the medical condition and tolerance of individual patients.
Annoying effects of Temodar-
You may feel some annoying effects after taking the dose of Temodar such as loss of appetite, constipation, fatigue, tiredness, dizziness, headache, and nausea or vomiting.
Preventive measures while using Temodar-
- Ø If you are relying on the dose of Temodar, you should not receive any type of live vaccines like flu vaccines.
- Ø Temodar may make you feel dizzy or drowsy so you should avoid driving or using any machinery to avoid the risk of accidents.
- Ø In the case pregnancy and breastfeeding, intake of Temodar is not allowed.