Brief overview of Sand immune injection
Sand immune injection belongs to the groups of medication known as immunosuppressant agents. This injection is used to prevent the rejection of organ transplants and bone marrow transplants by suppressing the body's natural defense, the immune system.
Conditions in which Sand immune injection should not be used are:
- If a person is having hypersensitivity towards generic Cyclosporine or any other component present in this injection, then you should avoid use of this injection.
- If you are suffering from any type of condition that negatively affects the function of the immune system, then you should avoid use of this injection.
- A person suffering from uncontrolled infection should avoid use of this injection.
Medicines that may interact with Sand immune injection are:
- Corticosteroids such as Budesonide, Dexamethasone, Hydrocortisone
- Calcium channel blockers such as Amlodipine, Diltiazem, Nifedipine
- Barbiturates such as Butalbital, Phenobarbital, Secobarbital
- Benzodiazepines such as Chlordiazepoxide, Clonazepam, Diazepam
Prescribed dose of Sandimmume injection to be used
For solid organ transplants, a person should be injected a recommended oral dose is 10 mg to 15 mg per kilogram of body weight daily in 2 divided doses, 12 hours prior to the surgery. The dose usually remains the same for 1 or 2 weeks after the operation, and then is decreased slowly by the doctor so that a particular level of the medication in the bloodstream is reached.
Use of Sandimmume injection may lead to various unwanted side effects such as headache, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, increased hair growth on the face, arms, and back, swelling of gum tissue, uncontrollable shaking of a part of your body, pain, burning and numbness.
Precautions to be followed while using Cyclosporine injection are:
- You should avoid receiving any live vaccine while using cyclosporine injection as vaccinations may be less effective.
- You should tell your doctor if you are being treated with phototherapy and if you have low levels of cholesterol or magnesium in your blood .
- Use of cyclosporine may causes extra tissue growth in your gums so you should brush your teeth carefully.
- Avoid intake of grapefruit or grape juice while suing Cyclosporine injection as it may lead to various undesired ill effects.