Brief overview of Priligy:
Priligy contains Dapoxetine hydrochloride as the active ingredient that is commonly used for the treatment of premature ejaculation. Premature ejaculation is the condition of man when he ejaculates too quickly during sexual intercourse. Premature ejaculation is common sexual disorder and this medication is helpful in men 18–64 years old.
How Dapoxetine Priligy?
Priligy (Dapoxetine hydrochloride) comes under the class of drugs known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. This medication works by inhibiting serotonin transporter and as a result, enhances serotonin's action at pre and postsynaptic receptor.
What are the contraindications of Priligy?
- This medication is contraindicated in patients with moderate and severe hepatic impairment.
- Do not use this medication in the case of heart failure, ischemic heart disease, valvular disease, mania or severe depression.
- You should not use this medication along with vitamins, herbal products, and dietary supplements.
How to take Priligy?
Priligy is marketed in the form of a tablet and in 30 and 60 mg strength. As this is a tablet preparation you have to take this medication orally with normal water. You have to take one tablet and it should be taken an hour before sensual intimate session. It can be taken with or without food. You should not administer more than one tablet at one time. You have to maintain proper gap between two dosages.
What are the side effects of Priligy?
The most common side effects of this medication are nausea, dizziness, headache, fainting and diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, headache, muscle aches, and pains, blocked nose, indigestion, acid reflux swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet, shortness of breath, seizure.
What are the precautions that should be followed while taking Priligy?
- If you feel dizzy or faint after taking Priligy then you should not drive, operate heavy machinery or undertake hazardous activities.
- Only licensed in men between the ages of 18 and 64. Do not consume alcohol along with this medication as it can increase the risk of side effects.
- Alcohol can increase the risk of side effects so do not use this medication along with this medication.