Understanding about Ofloxacin
Ofloxacin is an Ophthalmic medication used for the treatment of eye infection allied with conjunctivitis (pink eye) and corneal ulcers root by specific bacteria in patients. It shows its action against bacterial infection only , it is of no use in viruses infection. It relies on the group of quinolone bacteria, which is a second generation Fluor quinolone. Ofloxacin is vigorous against both gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. It confirms its action by inhibiting DNA gyrase, a type II topoisomerase, and topoisomerase IV, an enzyme essential to separate replicated DNA, so inhibiting bacterial cell division.
Dosage regimen Of Ofloxacin
If one is using Ofloxacin for Bacterial Conjunctivitis then Usual Adult Dose is such as one should have to infuse 1 to 2 drops for day 1 and 2 in the pretentious eye at the breach of 2 to 4 hours. For the day 3 to 7 one should have to instill 1 to 2 drops in the affected eye 4 times in a day.
In the case of Corneal Ulcers the usual adult dose is that one should have to infuse 1 to 2 drops in the affected eye(s) every 30 minutes while awake and about 4 and 6 hours after retiring on day 1st and 2nd. Days 3 through 7 to 9 one should have to Instill 1 to 2 drops in the affected after every hour.
Contraindication of Ofloxacin
If you are hypersensitive, then it is better to avoid us of Ofloxacin. If you are a pregnant lady or lactating mother then it is desirable not to use Ofloxacin. If already you are using any medication for an eye infection, avoid the use of Ofloxacin.
Side effects of Ofloxacin
Ofloxacin may cause some noxious unsafe effect which includes dry skin, Problem in breathing, chest tiredness, eye pain, changes in vision, irritation, redness, swelling.
Preventive measure of Ofloxacin
It would be essential to remove contact lenses before using eye drops. It may lead to a blurred vision so it is advisable to evade the driving after using Ofloxacin eye drops. Intake of alcohol is barred if you are using Ofloxacin for eye treatment. Don't use it for irritation caused by contact lenses. Don't touch the nozzle of the dropper to avoid contamination.