What is the brief description of Lenalid 10 mg?
Lenalid generic Lenalidomide slows down tumor growth by promoting immune system. It is used in patients suffering from myelodysplastic syndrome caused due to abnormal chromosome. Lenalid prevents anemia, multiple myeloma, and mantle cell lymphoma. It is an immunomodulatory drug that boosts up immune system and destroys unhealthy cells in bone marrow. It also speeds up production of healthy red blood cells.
What is the dosage information of Lenalid 10 mg?
The adult dose for preventing myelodysplastic disorder is 10 mg once per day through oral route. You can take it with or without food. Do not crush or break, take it as whole with water.
What should you do if you miss any dose?
If you skip any dose and it is still less than 12 hours then consume it as soon as you remember. If it is more than 12 hours then leave that dose and begin with your regular dosage schedule.
What are the contraindications with Lenalid 10 mg?
- Never use Lenalidomide if you have allergic reaction to this drug.
- Do not use if you have chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- You should not consume if you are breastfeeding or are pregnant.
What are the warnings and precautions to follow with Lenalid 10 mg?
- Share your medical history with your doctor if you have tumor, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, blood clots, blood problems, cancer, kidney, or liver disorder.
- Tell your doctor if you are lactose intolerant or you smoke.
- Lenalid makes you feel dizzy so be careful while performing difficult tasks.
- Lenalid lowers your ability to fight infections so avoid contact with people having fever, rash or chill.
- Lenalidomide decreases clot forming cells in blood so avoid activities that causes injury or bruising.
- Use it cautiously in elder patients.
What are the side effects with Lenalid?
Some after effects that you may observe with Lenalid are
- Increased sweating, loss of appetite
- Tiredness, taste changes
- Weight loss, constipation, vomiting
- Back pain, dizziness, diarrhea
- Trouble sleeping, weakness, nausea
- Irregular heartbeats, painful urination