What is the brief description of Flovent?
Flovent generic Fluticasone prevents the production of a substance that triggers inflammation. Fluticasone prevents chest tightness, wheezing, difficult breathing, coughing due to asthma. It comes under the class of corticosteroids and works by lowering swelling or irritation in airways for easier breathing. It is for the management of long-term asthma in people of 4 years or older.
What is the dosage information of Flovent?
For managing asthma, the initial dose is 88 mcg two times per day via oral inhalation. The dose can be maximized to 440 mcg two times per day. The pediatric dose for treating asthma is 50 mcg two times per day via oral inhalation. The dose can be maximized to 100 mcg two times per day.
What are the contraindications with Flovent?
- You should not use Fluticasone if you are having allergies to this drug.
- Never use inhalation powder if you have allergies to milk proteins.
- Do not use in a child of less than 4 years of age.
- Contraindicate in case of pregnancy or breast-feeding mothers.
- Contraindicate if you have any bacterial, fungal, or viral infection, an infection caused by parasites, pinworm, malaria, giardia, hookworm and use only on doctor advice.
- Contraindicate if you have tuberculosis, glaucoma, herpes infection of eyes, liver disorder, a weak immune system, or low bone mineral density or use Flovent only on doctor advice.
What are warnings and precautions to follow with Flovent?
- Flovent affects the growth of children so be careful while using in children.
- Tell your doctor if your symptoms do not improve within two weeks of treatment.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
What are the side effects of Flovent?
Some after effects that you may observe with Flovent are as
- Sneezing, sore throat
- Wheezing, deepened voice
- White patches or sores in mouth, headache
- Cough, sinus pain
- Low fever, stomach upset
What are the drug interactions with Flovent?
Some drugs that interact with Flovent are
- Antibiotic (Erythromycin, Clarithromycin)
- Nefazodone, steroid drugs like Prednisone
- Antifungals and HIV drugs