Product description of Celebrex:
Celebrex is a well-known medication that is commonly used for the treatment of pain or inflammation caused by many conditions such as arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and menstrual pain. Celebrex is widely used to treat juvenile rheumatoid arthritis in children who are at least 2 years old. It is also used in the management of hereditary polyps in the colon. Celebrex contains Celecoxib as the active constituent.
Celebrex (Celecoxib) comes under the class of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It shows action by decreasing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body.
What are the contraindications of Celebrex?
- You should not use this medication if you are allergic to ingredient present in the Celebrex.
- Do not use this medication in the case of bleeding in your stomach or intestines an allergy to sulfa drugs.
- If you have a history of asthma attack or severe allergic reactions then do not use this medication.
How to use Celebrex?
For the treatment of pain, the usual dose is 200 mg orally twice a day as needed. You should administer this medication orally with a full glass of water. Take this medication each day at same time. You may take Celebrex with or without food. You should take with food if Celebrex upsets your stomach. If you taking this medicine for long-term, you may need frequent medical tests.
What are the Side effects of Celebrex?
While taking this medication you may face some common side effects such as stomach pain, indigestion, gas, diarrhea, swelling in your hands or feet, dizziness, rash, cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat.
What are the contraindications that should be followed while taking Celebrex?
- While taking this medication you should avoid drinking alcohol as it may increase your risk of stomach bleeding.
- You should avoid taking aspirin or other NSAIDs while you are taking Celebrex.
- You should consult a doctor if you are breastfeeding and lactating mother as it can be harmful.