Tramacip 200 mg is a narcotic pain reliever that is ideally used to treat mild to moderate pain or discomfort and pain after the surgical operations. It is used to manage the painful or uncomfortable conditions of fibromyalgia, motor neuron disease, edgy legs syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, among many other conditions.
How does Tramacip 200 mg work?
Tramacip 200 mg contains a potentially active medicine called Tramadol, belongs to an opioid analgesic class of medicine. It acts on the opioid receptor present in the brain, spinal cord or any other part of the body. It changes the perception of the brain towards pain and lowers down the transmission of pain message in the brain and reduces sensitivity towards pain. It also affects some other neurotransmitter such as noradrenaline and serotonin. It inhibits the reuptake of these neurotransmitters and produces a calming effect in the brain.
Who should not use Tramacip 200 mg?
- It contraindicated in case of uncontrolled epileptic seizures.
- It is not recommended in case of severe liver or kidney disease.
- It is not recommended to the patient under 12 years of age.
- It should not be taken along with MAO inhibitors used in the treatment of depression.
What are drugs show interactions with Tramacip 200 mg?
Some medicines may interact with Tramacip 200 mg and alters its therapeutic efficacy, such as Amitriptyline, Butriptyline, Isocarboxazid, Phenelzine, Selegiline, Phenethylamine, Phenethylamine, Codeine, Dihydrocodeine, Hydrocodone, Passiflora, Phentermine, Lithium and Methylene Blue.
How should we use Tramacip 200 mg?
A patient has to consume one tablet of Tramacip 200 mg orally two times a day with sufficient amount of water. A geriatric patient has to take 300 mg of Tramacip orally with an enormous amount of water in a day.
What are the side effects that we may face after using Tramacip 200 mg?
Tramacip 200 mg might lead to some side effects in some patients, such as dry mouth, lethargy, diarrhea, nausea, constipation, insomnia, headache, vomiting, itching, sweating, stomachache, mood change, and dizziness.
What are the precautions that should be taken while Tramacip 200 mg?
- You should not consume this medicine along with alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers.
- If you have allergic reactions with Tramacip 200 mg or its other components, then don't consume this medicine.
- Do not stop using Tramacip 200 mg suddenly because you may face disagreeable withdrawal symptoms.
- Tramacip may cause drug addiction if it is used for the longer duration of time, so don't use this medicine for a longer duration of treatment.