Summary of Symbyax Olanzapine Fluoxetine
Brand Symbyax is a combination of two active ingredients such as (Olanzapine + Fluoxetine) in which Olanzapine has a high antipsychotic condition and Fluoxetine is a type of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Both drugs work super as in comparison and easily cope with many condition such as mood disorder, depression and bipolar disorder. Uses of this drug produce sleep and it is also improve your mood readily.
Symbyax works by maintaining the several brain chemicals named as neurotransmitters.
Symbyax is contraindicated along with the use of Symbyax such as:
- If you have hepatic and renal problems then avoid the use of this medicine as it decreases the drug absorption and excretion.
- Avoid the consumption of Symbyax in case of family history of glaucoma.
- Individuals who have cardiac disorders should avoid the use of this drug.
- Do not take this drug in case of prostate problems.
Drug interaction: Some drugs should not be used along with the use of this drug as it may alter the mechanism of action of this drug
- Medicines for Parkinson's disease such as Cabergoline
- MAO inhibitors like Isocarboxazid and Linezolid
- TCA antidepressants such as Desipramine
- Drugs for anxiety such as Alprazolam and Diazepam
- Blood thinners like Heparin
- Muscle relaxants such as Codeine
- Antipsychotics such as Aripiprazole
- Anti arrhythmics such as Propafenone
Storage condition: Keep this drug at the place where heat and direct rays of sunlight cannot reach easily. Keep it away from the reach of children
The dose of Symbyax that should be consumed: For the convenience of patients this medicine is available in the form of the tablet, so any person can take it in easy way. This drug should be taken via orally along with the use of this drug. The dose of this drug should be taken once in a day especially in evening. You can take this with food or without food. Remember a thing that takes the dosages of this drug at the same time on daily basis, which will help you to remember to take all doses without any missing of this.
Some side effects you may feel after the consumption of Symbyax such as drowsiness, lightheadedness, dizziness, weight gain, increase in appetite, confusion, nervousness, swelling of extremities, sore throat, stomach irritation, blurred vision, headache, fainting, weakness, muscle stiffness, tenderness, tiredness and irregular heartbeat.
Precautions should be taken while using Symbyax:
- Individuals who ever had hypersensitive reactions towards generic Olanzapine and Fluoxetine should avoid the use of this drug as it may cause allergic reactions like skin rash and hives.
- Do not drive after the intake of this drug as it produces dizziness and drowsiness.
- Avoid the intake of alcohol along with the use of this drug as it increases the production of side effects.
- Pregnant females should avoid the use of this medicine as it may cause harm to your baby.
- Breastfeeding mothers should avoid the use of this drug as it frequently secrets into the breast milk, which causes harm the babies.