Product description of Tianeptine
Tianeptine is an effective dosage form, which provides advantageous result for treating depression and anxiety states.
Class of this drug: Tricyclic antidepressant
Pharmacological category of this drug: Selective Serotonin reuptake enhancer
Available brand of this drug: Stablon
Available dosage form of this drug: Oral tablets
Available doses of this drug: 12.5mg
Mechanism of action of Tianeptine:
This drug is chemically identical to other tricyclic antidepressant drug, but this drug acts by producing different mode of action. This drug produces its pharmaceutical action by:
- Increasing the rate of serotonin reuptake by neurons
- Restoring the neuronal plasticity
- Influencing activity of glutamate
- Reducing brain damage caused due to stressful stimuli
- Relieving symptoms of depression
Indications of Stablon:
- It is used in the treatment of major depressive disorders
- It is also used to treat asthma and irritable bowel syndrome
- It is also effective against anxiety disorders and panic attack.
- This drug also possesses anti convulsant as well as analgesic effect.
- It is also used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorders
The use of Tianeptine is contraindicated due to some health issues like:
- Hypersensitivity to this drug
- History of heart attack and stroke
- Heart related problems
- Cardiovascular collapse
Drug interactions of Stablon:
The use of this drug is strictly prohibited while taking the MAO inhibitors. You should not take this drug before and after 2 weeks of administering MAO inhibitors.
Some medicines that interact with this drug like:
- Antipsychotic drugs
- Salicylic acid
- This drug should be kept at room temperature that ranges from 15 to 30°C.
- The dosage pack of this drug is protected from sunlight and humidity and should place this drug in dry and dark place.
Dose and mode of administration of Doxepin:
This dosage form should be swallowed through mouth, with drinking water. This medicine should be taken thrice a day. It is beneficial to take this medicine before eating food to prevent stomach upset. Don't take this medicine for more than 6 month.
This dosage form should be taken on time daily to maintain the efficacy of the therapeutic effect of this drug. Avoid missing or skipping any dose of this drug. Avoid taking more than one dose of this drug, if you forget to take any dose.
The most common toxicity that occurs due to the over dose is hepatotoxicity.
Some other overdosing symptoms are:
- Abdominal pain
- Weight loss
Some unwanted side effects that may occur along with the therapeutic effect due to Stablon like:
- Dry mouth
- Changes in body weight
- Cardiovascular effects
Important information while taking Stablon:
- This drug can cause withdrawal symptoms, if this therapy stops abruptly and the patient experiences the various symptoms like mylagia and cold sensation.
- Avoid sharing this drug during pregnancy and lactation period.
- This drug should not be taken by patients less than the age of 15 years.