Abortion using medicine is possible with RU486. It is used around the globe safely and effectively for termination of an early pregnancy. The medicine helps in termination of an undesired pregnancy that is less than 7 weeks (49days) of age from the last day of your monthly cycle. Generic Mifepristone is the active content present in RU486 kit tablets.
Mechanism of Action
The active content of Generic Mifepristone is basically a synthetic analogue. Natural progesterone is necessary for the nourishment and development of pregnancy. Mifepristone starts to act directly on the natural progesterone and create obstructions in the regular course of action. This makes your body to not support pregnancy and abortion happens like natural miscarriage. In other means the active content of RU486 also works to cut down the supply of oxygen and nutrition to the fetus leading to an abortion.
RU486 is an approved medication for terminating a pregnancy safely that is younger than seven weeks of age.
Common Side effects possible with RU486 include:
Pelvic pain, severe headache, weakness and giddiness, excessive blood loss with clots, hyperthermia, nausea, and upset of stomach.
- Medicine for St. John's Wort,
- Heparin and
There can be other drug interaction also. To avoid possibilities of drug interaction, you should furnish details of your current medications at the time of getting prescription for RU486 abortion pills.
Day 1: Take Mifepristone orally with a full glass of water. It should be always taken with empty stomach.
The kit RU486 comes with total 3 tablets of 200mg Mifepristone each. For causing an abortion user has to consume all three as a single dose. You will experience bleeding with clots to terminate pregnancy.
Following the completion of abortion, you should reach to nearest helath clinic to confirm completion of abortion.
Before using RU486 you should consult nearest health provider to know the risks and benefits of the medication as per your overall health conditions and conformation of intrauterine located pregnancy that is younger than seven weeks of age.
You have to take all three tablets of RU486 in one take so, you there is no scope for missing a dose.
Overdosing may cause serious health troubles and should not be done. Reach nearest medical facilities as soon as possible in case of overdose with RU486.
- You should not take RU486 if you have had allergic reaction with Mifepristone in the past.
- In case of critical health conditions, such as anemia, leukemia, ovarian cysts and abnormal location of pregnancy, you should not take RU486.
- Removal of IUD is necessary before intake of RU486 abortion pills.
- Physical intercourse should be avoided during the abortion period.
- Using RU486 abortion pills is effective and safe only when pregnancy is younger than seven weeks.
- Chronic adrenal failure and blood related disorders exist in the patient, and then RU486 should not be used for safety of health.