What is Pro soma?
Pro soma containing Carisoprodol is a prescription medication employed for pain in the muscles and other musculoskeletal injuries. It is used for the treatment of acute and chronic pain in strain, sprain and muscle injuries. Carisoprodol is a CNS (central nervous system) depressant that relaxes the muscles.
How does Prosoma act in the body?
Pro soma with an active ingredient, Carisoprodol is a central nervous system depressant that acts as a sedative and skeletal muscle relaxant. Rather than acting directly on skeletal muscle, Carisoprodol interrupts neuronal communication within the reticular formation and spinal cord, resulting in sedation and alteration in pain perception.
How to use Pro soma?
Pro soma is available as 350mg tablet to be taken orally with water. It is to be taken as directed by the physician. Maximum recommended dose is 350mg twice or thrice a day. Do not chew or swallow the tablet.
Missed Dose: If the dose is missed continue with the next dose. Do not take double dose.
Over Dose: In case of over dose, contact your physician as soon as possible.
What are the contraindications while using Pro soma?
There are some contraindications to be kept in mind while using Pro soma including:
- Any previous allergic reactions to Carisoprodol
- Benzodiazepines such as Alprazolam, Diazepam and Flurazepam
- Opioid such as Morphine and Codeine
- Antidepressants such as Doxepin
What are the possible drug-interactions while using Pro soma?
- Intake of herbal medicines can possible change the way drug works
- Intake of alcohol can possible increase the chances of drowsiness
- Intake of antidepressants, opioid, and benzodiazepines can possibly increase the chances of adverse side effects
Use of this medication can cause some side-effects such as fatigue, chest pain, shortness of breath, blood pressure related issues, painful urination and swelling of lips.
How to store Pro soma?
Pro soma is to be stored at room temperature. Keep out of reach from children and pets.
There are some precautionary measures to be kept in mind while using Pro soma-
- Do not consume this medication while breast-feeding as it can harm the baby
- Do not drive while using this medicine as it may cause drowsiness
- Do not take this medicine if you are using any sedative medicine, as it can cause serious drowsiness
- Not recommended for use with blood-related disorders, kidney/liver abnormalities
- Should be used in elderly patients only on recommendation of physician