Overview of Prednisolone 20 mg
Prednisolone is a type of synthetic corticosteroid and also known as famous immunosuppressant medicament. It is used in various types of conditions such as in inflammatory diseases, autoimmune diseases, some types of cancers, headache and migraine, etc.
Prednisolone belongs to the category of corticosteroids, which works by suppressing the immune system against any infection. It reduces symptoms of infection and other allergic reactions.
Prednisolone is contraindicated in some conditions such as
- One who is suffering from eye diseases like cataracts and glaucoma should avoid the use of this drug.
- Individuals who have any type of liver and kidney disorders should avoid the use of this drug.
- Do not take it in case of bone loss such as osteoporosis.
- Avoid the use of this drug in case of any mental disorders such as Alzheimer' disease, Huntington's disease and in Autism.
Some drugs should not be taken along with the use of Prednisolone as they may alter the activity of this drug some of them are as follows:
- Blood thinners such as Dabigatran and Warfarin
- NSAIDs such as Aspirin, Celecoxib and Ibuprofen
- Abortion pills like Mifepristone
Storage condition: This medicine should be kept at the place where humidity cannot reach easily. Keep away this drug from the reach of children.
The dose of Prednisolone 20 mg that should be consumed: This medicine is available in the form of tablet, so take it along with a sufficient amount of water. The dose of this drug should be taken once in a day after every 23 to 24 hours. Take this drug along food as it may prevent you from stomach upset. It has been seen that if we take this drug in morning then, it gives better results, so take it in morning around 9 am.
Several types of side effects may occur after the consumption of Prednisolone 20 mg such as acne, dizziness, headache, trouble sleeping, lightheadedness, muscle twitching or tightening, pain in the stomach, rash, hives, itching, trouble breathing, irregular heartbeat, upset stomach, vomiting and swelling on face, arms and legs.
- Individuals who are allergic to generic Prednisolone should not use this drug as it may produce hypersensitive reactions such as skin rashes and hives.
- Females who are pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should avoid the use of this drug as it may harm your baby.
- If you have recently received vaccination against any virus then avoid the use of this drug as it may cause allergic reaction.
- In case of any type of infection (such as chickenpox, measles and flu) you should avoid the use of this drug.
- If you have a recent history of surgery in past 12 months then avoid the use of this drug.