Mircette is a combination medication comprising of Ethinyl Estradiol and Desogestrel as a crucial component. It is a contraceptive pill, which is used for the prevention of pregnancy. This medication consists of 28 tablets i.e. 21 active tablets and 7 inactive tablets.
This medication shows its therapeutic action by stopping the ovulation (a procedure of liberation of an egg from the ovary). It also makes the cervical mucus thick so that it becomes problematic for the sperm to reach the uterus and it also alters the lining of the uterus which prevents a fertilized egg from getting attached to the uterus.
Contraindication of Mircette
- Avoid intake of this medication if you are allergic to generic Ethinyl Estradiol and Desogestrel.
- If you are suffering from liver and kidney disease, then you should not take this medicament.
- Consumption of this medication should be avoided in case of gall bladder infection.
- This medication is contraindicated in case of pregnancy and breast-feeding mothers.
- Blood thinner like Heparin, Warfarin
- Anti tuberculosis drugs such as Rifampin, Ethambutol
- Anti HIV drugs like Ritonavir, Saquinavir
- Anti epileptic drugs such as Phenytoin, Carbamazepine
- Antibiotics like Erythromycin
Storage condition of Mircette
- This medication should be stored at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- It should be kept away from the reach of children.
- Store it away from direct heat, light and moisture.
Method to consume Mircette
The pack of this medication consists of 28 tablets i.e. 21 active tablets and 7 inactive tablets. While starting this pack you should consume one active pill on a regular basis for 21 days. You should swallow it along with a glass of water. On 22nd day start the consumption of inactive pill daily for a week.
If you forget to take one pill of this medication, then consume two doses of this pill and then from the next day use this pack normally.
If you forget to consume two pills in a week, then consume two pills for two days and after that continue the pack normally.
Undesired side effects of Mircette are Abdominal pain, irregular menstrual periods, anxiety, change in vision, changes in skin color, chest pain or discomfort, chills, constipation, cough, dark urine, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, hives, itching skin or rash, and vomiting.
Points to be remembered-
- You should avoid consumption of grape fruit or grape juice along with this medication as it changes the amount of drug absorbed in the body.
- Females less than 16 years of age should not use this medication.
- If you have, the risk of blood related problems and other heart related disease, then consult a doctor before using this medicine.
- Intake of this medicine makes you feel sleepy so you should avoid driving doing any task that needs full concentration.
Buy Mircette (Birth Control pills) online Cheap Price USA | UK