Brief overview of Librium-
Librium is recommended to treat anxiety disorder and alcohol withdrawal symptoms. Generic Chlordiazepoxide is a main active ingredient found in this medicine and it belongs to the class of benzodiazepines drug. It simply works on the brain and nerves (central nervous system) to convey a calming effect by reducing the brain activity. It functions by increasing the effects of certain chemicals like GABA.
Contraindications of Librium:
It should not be used by those individuals who are suffering from-
- Myasthenia gravis ataxia
- Acute narrow-angle glaucoma
- Severe hypoventilation
- Severe sleep apnea
- Severe liver deficiencies
- Kidney and liver dysfunction
- Breathing problems
Drug interactions of Librium-
- Antidepressant like Phenelzine.
- Blood thinners like Warfarin
- Phenothiazines like chlorpromazine
- Sedatives and hypnotics
Storage of Librium-
Librium is properly stored at the room temperature 300 C and away from the direct contact of heat, sunlight and humidity.
Dosage Regimen of Librium
Librium is available as a tablet or capsule form and available doses of Librium are 10mg and 25mg. It should be taken as orally with a full glass of water. Normally, it should be taken one to four times within a day. It is always administered with food.
In case of missed dose of Librium-
If you skip any dose of Librium, use it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose then leave the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
Do not consume double tablet of Librium at one time.
In case of overdose of Librium-
If you face any overdosing symptoms of this drug then immediately consult your doctor and get emergency medical help from your nearest hospital.
Side effects of Librium:
- Problems with coordination
- Physical dependence
- Stomach cramps
Precautions and safety measures;
- After intake of this drug, do not go for driving as it affects your ability to drive.
- Avoid alcohol while taking this medicine.
- It should not be used in older adults over 65 years.
- It is not given to those individuals who are hypersensitive to Generic Chlordiazepoxide.
- Children should take this drug with some cautions.