Brief overview of Bimat-
Bimat has Bimatoprost as its active working constituent that is a synthetic analog of naturally occurring prostaglandin. Bimat performs its action depending on the tissue involved. Bimat is beneficial in the treatment of hypotrichosis of eyelashes to grow longer, darker, and fuller eyelashes in patients with abnormal eyelash growth. Another usefulness of Bimatoprost is in the treatment of glaucoma and ocular hypertension.
How do Bimat acts?
Bimatoprost as an active component of Bimat ophthalmic solution is proved effective in treating your hypotrichosis condition of eyelashes. This drug helps to elongate the duration of Anagen phase during the growth of eyelashes by declining the Telogen phase.
For the treatment of glaucoma and ocular hypertension, Bimat aids in the decrease of intraocular pressure by maintaining the drainage of aqueous humor inside the eye.
Who should not take Bimat?
- Do not use this solution if you are hypersensitive towards any constituent of the solution.
- In the case of any other eye condition, do not apply this solution.
- Avoid the use of Bimat solution if you are pregnant, supposed to be pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
How should you store Bimat?
The ophthalmic solution should be stored at cool temperature away from direct sunlight, heat, and moisture. Keep the solution bottle away from the reach of the children.
What are the drug interactions of Bimat?
Bimatoprost ophthalmic solution may interact with any other medicated eye preparation or any other medicinal product that you are using. Also, do not use Bimat with any other drug for the growth of eyelashes.
How can you apply Bimat?
Bimat ophthalmic solution is recommended only once and during night.
- Start the application on a clean face that should be free from cosmetics and contact lenses. First, tilt your head low and lower down your upper eyelid.
- Use a clean and dry eyeliner brush for application. Place a drop of solution onto it and start drawing a line on the upper eyelid margin starting from the inner part of the lash line to the outer part.
- Blot the excess liquid. If solution gets into the eye, then does not rinse the eye, as this drug cannot harm your eyes.
Use the solution regularly for faster effects. However, do not apply in more than recommended application and quantity or it can lead to serious eye problems.
What are the undesirable responses of Bimat?
Eye redness, itching, eye dryness or discomfort, burning sensation in eyes, drowsiness, watery eyes, or eye color change are some of the common side effects of Bimat ophthalmic solution.
What precautionary measures should be considered while taking Bimat?
- If you want to reinsert the contact lenses then wait for 15 minutes after application of the solution.
- Avoid the contamination of ophthalmic solution bottle tip with your finger or any other matter.
- Do not use any other eye product within 5 minutes of before and after the use of Bimat solution.