Overview of Aventyl Nortriptyline
Aventyl is an excellent medicament for the treatment of mood disorders, mood problems such as depression, anxiety and tension and in other several types of diseases. This drug considered as the best pharmaceutical product for depression because it treats depression within very short time.
Brand Aventyl has a unique mechanism, which reduces depression and other mood disorders by balancing the brain neurotransmitters, which are responsible for the occurrence of depression and other things.
Aventyl should not be used in some condition such as
- Individuals who have any type of kidney and liver diseases should not use this drug.
- If you have a history of eye disorders like glaucoma then do not take this drug.
- Do not take this medicine in case you have mental disorders.
- Avoid the use of this drug in case of cardiac problems.
- Do not take this drug in any blood disorders.
Drug interactions: Do not take some drugs, which are listed bellow as they reduce the activity of Aventyl:
- MAO inhibitors such as Linezolid and Methylene blue
- SSRIs such as Fluoxetine
- Drugs to treat unequal heart rate such as Quinidine and Propafenone
- Macrolide antibiotics such as Erythromycin
- Drugs for sleep or anxiety such as Zolpidem and Alprazolam
- Anti-cholinergic drugs like Benztropine and Belladonna alkaloids
Storage condition: This medicine should be kept at the place where heat and direct sunlight cannot reach. Keep it away from the reach of children.
The prescribed intake of Aventyl that should be consumed: This medicine is available in the form of tablet so take this drug along with a sufficient amount of water. The dose of this medicine should be taken three to four times in a day after every 4 to 5 hours. Do not take it for long time as it may produce habituation towards this drug.
After the consumption of this medicine, you may feel some side effects such as dry mouth, constipation, lightheadedness, dizziness, drowsiness, constipation, weight gain, muscle spasms, stomach pain, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, severe nausea, agitation, and restlessness, loss of coordination, itching, trouble breathing and irregular heartbeat.
Safety precautions should be followed while using Aventyl:
- If you have hypersensitive reactions towards generic, Nortriptyline should not use this drug as it may cause allergic reactions like skin rash.
- Limit the intake of alcohol along with the use of this drug as it may enhance the production of side effects.
- Pregnant women should avoid the use of this drug as it readily dissolves in the body and affects the fetus.
- Breastfeeding mother should avoid the use of this medicine as it may cause harm your baby.
- If you have unbalanced blood sugar level then avoid the use of this drug.
- Avoid driving after the consumption of this medicine because it produces restlessness.